Hundreds of Animals Looking For New Homes at National Adoption Weekend Event
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- This weekend is National Adoption weekend at Pet Smart. Throughout the day Saturday, hundreds of people stopped by Butler plaza to play with the animals and to think about adding a new member to their family.
PetSmart started with about 200 dogs, cats and rabbits for people to choose from. Mercy was even among the bunch, she was the dog that was nearly choked to death in September.
Store manager Mark Frantz says it's a one of a kind event that you don't want to miss.
"We do a lot more here in Gainesville than the normal store, we provide a tent, we get a lot more animals out here. Our goal is to do over 100 adoptions this weekend and save some lives."
The event ends Sunday at 5pm.
- Hundred Of Pets Adopted For Free
- Pet Safety For The Holidays
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- Holly The Dog Is Looking For A New Home
- October is Adopt-A-Shelter- Dog
- Several dead cats found outside homes
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Adopt a Shelter Cat Month
- Animal Services holds cat adoption event to reduce overflow
- 20 dogs in Levy County cruelty case in need of homes