Ocala Tea Party President Killed in Crash
OCALA, Fla. -- The man killed in the wreck on 441 near Reddick Friday was the President of the Ocala Tea Party.
The organization's Vice President, Randy Fritz, says 70-year old Stephen Hunter was the president of the organization, also known as Tea Party Solutions, for the past several years.
Florida Highway Patrol Troopers say Hunter was stopped at Northwest 165th Street and attempting to make a left turn onto 441.
Hunter failed to see another vehicle coming from the Northbound lane, and he was hit on the driver's side of his car. He was pronounced dead on scene.
Fritz remembers Hunter as one of a kind, and a phenomenal leader for the organization. Visitation services will be held Tuesday from 6 to 8 pm at the Countryside Funeral Home, 9185 NE Jacksonville Road, in Anthony.
- Tea Party Members Demonstrate in Ocala
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida
- Tea Party Express
- Ocala Elite Owner Killed In Crash
- Romney Seeks Tea Party Votes, Satorum Hunts Cash
- GOP's Santorum Draws Tea Party Ire in Kansas
- Report Reveals More on IRS Targeting of Tea Party Groups
- Weekend Crash Kills Suwannee County Child
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others
- Crash Kills Two Fathers and Two Teens in Dixie County