Pit Bull Perception Part 1
GAINESVILLE- They’re a dog breed with a dangerous reputation and a large presence in North Central Florida.
Pit Bulls and their mixes have been banned in some areas in the state and taken over animal control shelter populations in others.
Gainesville resident Amanda Marquez says life with a pit bull in this city has not been easy, "It's actually really hard to find a place to live when you have a Pit Bull not only do certain places have breed restrictions, places have weight restrictions."
Places like Dade County and Denver, Colorado have banned Pit Bulls altogether.
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association even though larger breed dogs like Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds are overwhelmingly involved in dog bite deaths, it's actually smaller breed dogs that have shown to be more people agressive.
- Pit Bull Perception Part 2
- Pit Bull Attack In Gainesville Kills Dog & Injures Owner
- Man Who Stabbed Pit Bull To Death During Dogfight Arrested
- UF Club Helps Local Rescue Group with Dog Adoptions
- UF Plaza Block Party... Blocked
- Gator Aviators Celebrate A Victory During The National Red Bull Flugtag Event
- Bull Damages Patrol Cars
- Pit Bulls Attack 91-Year-Old Man
- Pit Bull Discrimination?
- Orange Heights Man Attacked by Bull