Prostitution Sting In Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - An undercover prostitution sting led to five arrests in southwest Gainesville.
Here in this area filled with hotels and motels off of 13th street is where the Gainesville Police Department was able to catch 3 men who agreed to pay for sex. Two women were also caught offering sex nearby. The individuals involved were charging anywhere from 20 to 40 dollars per service.
Corporal Wade Priester with the Gainesville Police Department said, "Well it was a misdemeanor charge. The two females flagged down undercover male officers and offered to perform sex acts in exchange for money."
The investigation was initiated by GPD after residents complaining of suspicious activity in the area. "Citizens would call the police department... They would contact us anonymously through our social media outlets and report these type of activities," Priester said.
These men and women are either being charged for offering to commit or soliciting another for prostitution. "It may appear to be a victim-less crime unless you live int he neighborhood it is going on. Those people deserve the same quality of life that the rest of us citizens enjoy... So we're going to see to those citizens as well as the others," Priester said.
- Undercover Sex Sting Nabs Seven Men, as Police Blame Paper for Exposing Operation
- Prostitution Stings Around Gainesville
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Five Busted In Undercover Prostitution Sting
- School Teacher Arrested in Undercover Sex Sting
- Phony Money In Gainesville & Ocala
- Prostitution Sting in Ocala
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Puppy Buried Alive, Accidentally Found By Williston Police
- $3.3 Million Deficit, May Lead To Department Cutbacks For The City Of Gainesville