Bikers Roll Through The Streets Of Ocala To Deliver Toys For Children
Published December 9th, 2013
OCALA - The holidays-- What would it be without the toys?
Christmas came early for about 200 children in marion county, underprivileged children. Tyler Moreland a kid receiving toys said, "People are struggling and need help, with toys and stuff like that... They donate toys for us to have cause people don't have families, people don;t have toys for christmas. I think it's really good for the community."
The Harley Owners Group of Ocala has been collecting toys all year long to make this a possibility. While many organizations have these type of toy drives, there's something that makes this one stand out. The way the toys are delivered.
Lew Remington a biker giving toys said, "First of all this is awesome, cause we can't do this where we're from. In Canada right now there's a major snow storm so being on a bike on an 80 degree day and doing something for kids, i's awesome."
There are about 700 bikers out here, and they're making sure they are well-represented. Many are coming from different cities in florida and all across the U.S.
Dawn Basso the Registration Coordinator said, "Very meaningful, they're very grateful... Which is always a good sign. They don't ask for much, they're very happy with what they get and sometimes this is all they get."
Its nice to know these families will be taking a little piece of joy home.
This is the 15th annual ocala harley owners group toy run. Left over toys will be donated to the Dunnellon and Ocala Police Department.
- Bikers Deliver an Early Christmas Surprise to Children in Ocala
- Gainesville Children's Theatre, Singing Their Way Through The Community
- Safer Transportation For Bikers In Gainesville
- Anti-Butt Program Hopes To Keep Gainesville Streets Clean
- Local Immigration Group Talks Immigration Reform With Congressman Ted Yoho
- Pit Bull Attack In Gainesville Kills Dog & Injures Owner
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation
- After Months of Collecting, Toys for Tots can Deliver
- Free Bike Repair Station Supports Gainesville Bikers
- Record Breaking Sandwich