Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Girlfriend's Car
Published December 7th, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A violent act of jealously landed one Gainesville man behind bars this morning.
Police say it started last night when 28-year-old Brian Newman saw his girlfriend leave a holiday work party with another man.
He followed her, and approached her car, yelling at her to get out and pointing a handgun at her.
Police say Newman tried several times to block her car with his, at one point firing shots into the air and at her car.
She was unharmed, and Newman ran from police when they responded.
Newman was later arrested at Bivens Cove Apartments and is being charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, shooting a deadly missile into a vehichle, discharging a firearm in public, and false imprisonment.
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Man Shoots at Deputies, Charged with Attempted Murder
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute
- Jury Indicts Gainesville Man For Murder Of His Girlfriend
- Man Clings to Ex-Girlfriend's Car for 10 Miles
- Man Steals Girlfriend's Car
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Marion County Baliff Faces Charges After Giving Inmate Girlfriend Contraband
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers
- Man Charged With Crashing Into Deputy's Car, Fleeing