MCSO Looking For Robbers In Possible Connected Cases
Published December 15th, 2013
OCALA, Fla. - Several robberies in Marion County remain unsolved and now detectives are asking for your help.
They believe four robberies at two convenience stores may be connected, and now say information leading to an arrest could earn you a reward.
Marion County Sheriff's detectives are looking for the men behind four separate robberies.
"These suspects are very dangerous," Detective Ben Adams says, "They feel very comfortable being armed and pointing guns at people and taking things."
Surveillance video shows two black men wearing gloves and masks walking in and pointing a gun at store employees, and getting away with cash from the drawer.
Similar robberies have taken place another three times, the Speedy Food Mart, 5501 N.E. 35th Street, in Silver Springs and a Kangaroo Express, 21475 N.W. Gainesville Road, in Reddick were each robbed twice in the past two months.
Marion County Sheriff's Detective Ben Adams is investigating these robberies and says in each case the clothing, guns, and robbers appear similar.
"The families of these suspects or close people to these suspects, if they know that they're doing it they need to report it," Adams says, "If there's something going on they need to call the Sheriff's Office immediately or they need to call the police department."
If you know anything about these robberies you could earn up to $1,000 by calling Crime Stoppers of Marion County at (352) 368-7867 or calling (352) 369-6814.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- Another Arrest Made in Robbery of Ocala Convenience Store
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Convenience Store Robberies
- Super Stop Convenience Store Attempted Robbery
- Lake City Armed Robbery at S & S Convenience Store
- MCSO: Dollar General burglary not connected to recent robberies
- Gunmen tape workers during Dollar General store robbery
- 12th Dollar General store robbery in Marion County
- ASO arrest man in possible connection to meth lab