MCSO Looking For Robbers In Possible Connected Cases
Published December 15th, 2013
OCALA, Fla. - Several robberies in Marion County remain unsolved and now detectives are asking for your help.
They believe four robberies at two convenience stores may be connected, and now say information leading to an arrest could earn you a reward.
Marion County Sheriff's detectives are looking for the men behind four separate robberies.
"These suspects are very dangerous," Detective Ben Adams says, "They feel very comfortable being armed and pointing guns at people and taking things."
Surveillance video shows two black men wearing gloves and masks walking in and pointing a gun at store employees, and getting away with cash from the drawer.
Similar robberies have taken place another three times, the Speedy Food Mart, 5501 N.E. 35th Street, in Silver Springs and a Kangaroo Express, 21475 N.W. Gainesville Road, in Reddick were each robbed twice in the past two months.
Marion County Sheriff's Detective Ben Adams is investigating these robberies and says in each case the clothing, guns, and robbers appear similar.
"The families of these suspects or close people to these suspects, if they know that they're doing it they need to report it," Adams says, "If there's something going on they need to call the Sheriff's Office immediately or they need to call the police department."
If you know anything about these robberies you could earn up to $1,000 by calling Crime Stoppers of Marion County at (352) 368-7867 or calling (352) 369-6814.
- Lake City Armed Robbery at S & S Convenience Store
- Another Arrest Made in Robbery of Ocala Convenience Store
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Super Stop Convenience Store Attempted Robbery
- Convenience Store Robberies
- Possible Case of Swine Flu in Marion County
- Marion County Searching for Bank Robber
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue
- Changes In Store For Marion County Students
- Deputies Looking for Missing Woman in Marion County