Prostitution Bust in Southeast Gainesville Leads to Four Arrests
GAINESVILLE- Gainesville police went undercover to crack down on prostitution in southeast Gainesville. GPD has received numerous complaints from neighbors there. GPD pinpointed Southeast 4th street and had four officers go undercover, trying to both sell sex and buy it. Tuesday night they arrested two women, Nicole Rom and Janie Harris, after they agreed to sexual activity for money. They then arrested Eric Manin and Greg Baldwin for agreeing to pay their female undercover officers for oral sex. GPD says the women involved are not part of a larger group and have been in trouble for this before.
GPD spokesman Ben Tobias said, "These are just individuals who unfortunately are, you know, live on the streets sometimes and this is their way to make money, and unfortunately, you know, the people in the area just don't want that." Ben Tobias says GPD will continue to investigate the area until the complaints go away.
- Grow House Bust leads to Four Arrest
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Four Arrested In Alachua Co. Drug Bust
- Belleview Drug Bust Leads to Nine Arrests
- Four Netted in Prostitution Sting
- Five Busted In Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Prostitution Bust Sends 16 To Clay County Jail
- Residents in Southeast Gainesville Vote "No" on Annexation
- Only Grocery Store in Southeast Gainesville To Close
- Southeast Gainesville Rape