Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
OCALA- Christmas came early this year for a North Central Florida boy. His gift a man dressed in a military uniform. Five- year -old Cooper Linder thought he and his classmates were having snack time outside for
no good reason, but instead it was all part of plan to surprise cooper. On Tuesday Army Sergeant Joshua Linder surprised his son. The two shared a hug after months of not seeing each other.
"Are you happy I am home buddy,” asked Sgt. Linder.
Sgt. Linder had been deployed in South Korea for nearly nine months.
"We talk on Facetime every morning. I get up and get the kids up and dressed and they talk to him before they go to school. He watches them walk across the street to school," said Linder’s wife Samantha Linder.
For the next three weeks cooper will get to kiss, hug and spend time with his father. Cooper said he wants to catch bugs, lizards and frogs with his dad. His father telling him they can do
whatever he wants. They even have plans of visiting some amusement parks in Orlando.
"He always talked about going to this place called Gatorland,” said Sgt. Linder.
Cooper isn’t the only one who was shocked to see daddy. Sgt. Linder also surprised his younger daughter Maggie while she was at pre- school.
"I didn't expect the emotions to be running as high as they were. It’s just something about having kids and being away from them for nine months that just makes the heart grow fonder," said Sgt. Linder.
Sgt. Linder said after missing birthdays, thanksgivings and other holidays, he is happy to celebrate this Christmas with his family.
"I am thankful that I do have time for Christmas because that's probably one of the most important holidays to me personally," said Sgt. Linder.
His early Christmas present is something this little boy will never forget. In three weeks Sgt. Linder will return to South Korea for three more months and then will continue his duties in Fort Carson Colorado.
- Navy Dad Surprises Teen at High School Graduation
- Operation Rebuild
- Sergeant's son gets surprise of his life
- Bikers Deliver an Early Christmas Surprise to Children in Ocala
- Animals at shelter get Christmas presents
- Homicide victim, 70, described as 'the voice of inspiration"
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Drowsy Driving Prevention Week in Florida
- FEDS: Sgt. Kirby asked officer to destroy evidence
- OPD arrest man asleep over the steering wheel of a stolen vehicle