Woman's Roof has Leaked for Three Years - Now She's Getting a New One
GAINESVILLE - One woman in Gainesville is getting a new roof for the holidays after three years of trying to keep the water out.
Alzadie Williams was born and raised in Gainesville and has lived in her house since 1973.
But for years she's been using buckets and plastic to protect her funiture when it rains.
She was nominated by a family friend to get the new roof and it's the second year the North Central Florida Roofing & Sheet Metal Association has given someone in the community a new roof.
Alzadie Williams, getting a new roof: "Now God fixed it so I don't have to worry about it anymore and thank God for this and them."
The association is also gving a new roof to a family in Chiefland.
All the materials and labor were locally donated.
- Woman Says She's Paying Price For Whisteblowing
- Man Charged With Bell Woman's Death Has A Criminal Past
- John Eddy Beats Up His Partner When Friends Discover She's A Man
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child
- Sex Offenders In Your Neighborhood: One Woman's Shocking Discovery
- Woman in jail on manslaugher charge after crash she doesn't remember
- Gainesville Woman Arrested for Drugs, Says She Needed Money for Son's Birthday
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- Dog Saves Woman's Life