Black Mold Found in Gainesville Apartments
A Gainesville apartment complex is having to put some of their residents in hotels after discovering black mold.
Code enforcement did find mold in one apartment, and Community Housing Partners now acknowledges three other units with similar conditions.
Residents of all four have been offered hotel arrangements.
Some say they don't think the complex is safe for families.
"I don't think it's safe for any families to come in, at all. Even if they come in and treat it, these buildings need to be tore down and rebuilt," said Horizon House Apartments tenant Erica Brown.
All of the mothers we talked to today told us their children have asthma problems.
Brown assumes the mold is making it worse.
- Mold Issues Linger at Horizon House Apartments
- Mold Returns to Horizon House Apartments
- Black Mold Impacting A Student Living At The Polos Apartments Complex
- Horizon House Apartment Issues
- Apartment Mold Problem Still Not Fixed
- Mold Returns To Apartment Complex
- Horizon House residents file lawsuit
- East Gainesville family fights mold...with the help of a "Superhero"
- Cops: Evidence Found in Secret Hernandez Apartment
- Two People Found Dead In Ocala Apartment