City of Newberry Receives Grant for Economic Diversity Plan
A North Central Florida town has been recognized by Governor Rick Scott with a $40,000 grant for its economic development.
The main goal of this grant from the Competitive Economic Partnership is to help diversify Newberry's economy.
City officials say this grant will help them market Newberry to companies at the University of Florida's Innovation Hub in case they wanted to expand in Alachua County.
"We want to be ready for those businesses and be in a position where we can offer them a package that attracts them to stay here," said Newberry's Planning and Economic Development Director Bryan Thomas.
Newberry officials also want to use the grant to expand businesses that already have roots in the town.
The program will be up and running next week.
- Governor Scott Comes To North Central Florida
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- Governor Scott Full Interview
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Governor Scott Signs Death Warrant
- Governor Scott Pushes For Healthcare For Floridians
- County Health Department Receives Grant, Plans to Expand Hours
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition
- Governor-elect Rick Scott Visits Lake City
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land