City of Newberry Receives Grant for Economic Diversity Plan
A North Central Florida town has been recognized by Governor Rick Scott with a $40,000 grant for its economic development.
The main goal of this grant from the Competitive Economic Partnership is to help diversify Newberry's economy.
City officials say this grant will help them market Newberry to companies at the University of Florida's Innovation Hub in case they wanted to expand in Alachua County.
"We want to be ready for those businesses and be in a position where we can offer them a package that attracts them to stay here," said Newberry's Planning and Economic Development Director Bryan Thomas.
Newberry officials also want to use the grant to expand businesses that already have roots in the town.
The program will be up and running next week.
- Governor Scott Comes To North Central Florida
- College of Central Florida to Receive $4.3 Million in State Funding
- Florida Governor And Legislators Pay Little For Insurance
- Florida Governor To Lead Trade Mission To Paris
- Florida Governor Reappoints 3 Passed Over Agency Heads
- Florida Governor Heading To Japan For Fall Trade Mission
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Governor Scott Full Interview
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October