Helping Prom and Wedding Dreams Come True
HIGH SPRINGS- An event in High Springs is helping prom and wedding dreams come true for some in the community. "Cinderella's Closet" is a prom and wedding expo that gives away one dress to ladies getting ready for their special day. On Sunday there were about 150 prom dresses and over 10 wedding dresses. Some are new, but most are gently used and cleaned before their put on the donation rack. Kelley Deese started the event after helping her daughter get ready for prom and seeing that some girls couldn't afford dresses.
"It just became a big thing for me to make sure that every girl who wanted to go to prom could go. I mean, I can't afford to buy their prom tickets, and do all their hair for free but we could help them get a dress and I think that's a lot of the cost for prom," said Deese who created the event.
This is the fourth year for the expo. Donated dresses can be dropped off at: All Creations Salon & Day Spa, 612 NE Santa Fe Blvd, High Springs, FL (7 days a week.) For vendor space, vendor applications, and other general information, please contact: Kelly Deese at 386-454-4550 or Email: email@example.com
- Prom and Wedding Showcase Gives Away Donated Dresses
- "Prom Dream Closet" at Loften High School
- 'A dream come true'
- 'Christmas for the Community' Makes Holiday Wishes Come True
- A Gainesville Family's Christmas Wishes Come True
- Dream Comes True for Levon Washington
- A Wish Come True
- A Wedding Dress Designer Breaks A World Record
- Michigan teen makes prom dress out of Starburst wrappers
- Eastside High Student Honors Boston Bombing Victims at Prom