Howard Bishop Middle School's New Tech Program
GAINESVILLE - Innovation Hub in Gainesville serves the community with tecnhology...and now Howard Bishop Middle School is serving as a tech center for its students.
The school was only one of ten in the state selected to take part in the Career and Professional Education Project, where students take certification tests for programs like Photoshop and Java.
The principal tells TV20 that they hope to take the next phase of the project to Innovation Hub.
Mike Gamble, Principal, Howard Bishop Middle School: "the next level that we want to go to with the program is providing internship opportunities for these kids with some of the tech start-ups in Gainesville."
The program will serve around 250 students at the school.
- Howard Bishop Teachers Tour East Gainesville
- School's Take Attendance for Money
- Eastside High School's Soulfest Brings Down the House
- Eastside High School's Young App Developers
- Celebrating Education: Newberry High School's Environmental Girls Make Global Impact
- Florida's Tech Connect Program has Helped Launch Over 150 Startups
- State grants $15M for new Middle-High School
- New Principals Appointed at Local Elementary and Middle Schools
- New Car Tech Means New Extrication Tech For Firefighters
- Mebane Middle School Student Inspires Porter's Pink Passion Day