Kingsbury Academy Staffer Under Investigation
OCALA- A staff member of an alternative school in Marion County is being investigated over allegations that he inappropriately touched a student.
The incident report states the 38-year-old staff member works at an alternative school in Ocala called Kingsbury Academy. The student hasn't attended school since December 10, 2013 when her mother reported the incident to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
"My main concern is to get her back to school. Not back at Kingsbury. Not with him there," said Lessie Cumbie who is the mother of the student.
For more than a month Lessie Cumbies' 14 -year -old daughter has been out of school.
"I have called the school and asked them to send school work home. They keep telling me they will send it on the bus. I have called the school and offered to pick up the school work. They tell me it wasn't prepared," said Cumbie.
Deputies are investigating a lewd and lascivious molestation case involving a Kingsbury Academy staff member who TV20 isn't identifying because he has not been charged.
"He allegedly pulled her into an empty hallway and sexually touched her inappropriately," said Cumbie.
Cumbie said she has spoken to Executive Director Cindy Lowe several times.
"Ms. Cindy has verified to me he is still there and it is up to the schools obligation to find out if he will be put out on administrative leave. As of so far they have no evidence. Nothing other than her words against his word and that he will stay at the school," said Cumbie.
A limited liability company owns Kingsbury Academy; a school that takes students who have been expelled. The Marion County School Board has no control over Kingsbury’s policy or curriculum.
"I visited Kingsbury academy to find out what are the schools procedures when a staff member is being investigated," said Cumbie.
Kingsbury Executive Director Lowe would only offer us an e-mail.
"I contacted the MCSO and learned that the matter is still open, therefore, it is not appropriate for me to comment further," wrote Lowe.
She would not say if the staffer is still there.
"If he has done this, who is to say what he is going to do to the next kid," said Cumbie.
The Marion County School Board does not control what happens at Kingsbury Academy. According to Cumbie the school board did assist in getting her daughter back in public school. She will start North Marion Middle within the coming weeks.
- Ocala Sheriffs Under Investigation Again
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Archer Pastor Under Investigation
- Small Plane Crash in Levy County Still Under Investigation
- Gainesville Property Management Group Under Investigation
- Gainesville's Advantage Towing Under Investigation
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Suspicious Death In Gilchrist County Still Under Investigation
- Ocala Quadruple Homicide: Family Members Look for Justice
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools