New Residence Hall at Innovation Square to Fuel Entrepreneurship
GAINESVILLE - Home is where the start-up is and The University of Florida is moving forward with plans to build a residence hall at Innovation Square in Gainesville.
The site will be prepped in mid-February and the hope is to provide a space to foster undergrad students and their projects.
The space is slated to open in 2015 along with another dorm on campus where construction is already underway.
Sharon Blansett, assistant to the associate vice president for student affairs: "we're turning away 500 to 1000 students every year who want to live on campus... so Cypress can house 250 and the new facility is around 280."
The new residence hall is apart of a private public partnership in the works between UF and Innovation Square.
- Innovation Square Wins Award
- CurtCo Robb Media Comes to Innovation Square, Plans to Recruit Talent
- Innovation Square Starting To Take Shape
- Will Innovation Square Spark Redevelopment?
- "Start-up Dorm" Planned for Innovation Square
- Innovation Academy Starts New Year
- East Side Residents Rally At City Hall
- UF Creates New Study Hall for Heroes
- New Plans for Historic Newell Hall on University of Florida Campus
- Chiefland Approves New Addition To City Hall