Soup Tasting Competition
GAINESVILLE- Thousands came out to Gainesville’s Souper Fun Sunday Soup tasting competition. There were 34 restaurants and 41 different types of soups. All the money raised from the event benefits technology enhancement programs at the Saint Francis Catholic High School.
"Technology is everywhere these days and so just teaching students how to, you know, incorporate technology in their lives so that it helps them be a more successful and well-rounded individual," said Sabrina Harris who is the event coordinator.
Last year, the event raised $17,000. School officials have used that money to give all their students new mac book pros with educational programs already installed. The school was also able to put together their first robotics club this year using money raised from previous years.
- Hundreds Turn Out To Gainesville Soup-Tasting Fundraiser
- Local restaurants showcase cozy meals at 'Souper Fun Sunday'
- Police arrest man who fires gun on UF's campus
- Family of Pro Stock Motorcycle Racers Find Fun in Competition
- Gainesville Faces Steep Competition For Google's Attention
- My Brother's Keeper Program at Santa Fe Gives High Schoolers a Taste of College Life
- Governor Scott Calls for "Day of Prayer for Unity" on Sunday
- Mike Peterson Giving Back: Football Camp and Family Fun Day
- Local Sunday Market Soon To Be Back In Gainesville
- Gainesville Extreme Makeover Home Editon Episode Will Air Sunday