"Sue Bear"- Missing Dog in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- It's not your average missing dog case.
A Chihuahua that gets special medical treatment has generated national attention and thousands of dollars in donations.
Born with a birth defect, "Sue Bear" has been missing since Friday, when she was last seen in the Southwest Villas neighborhood.
Veteranarians had a tough time diagnosing what was wrong with her until her owner Calie Breen contacted the "Mia Foundation."
People from all over the country donated money to help cover Sue Bear's medical bills… to the tune of more than five thousand dollars.
Finally, Calie took her to the University of Florida's Small Animal Hospital, where vets found out she had a liver shunt… meaning her liver didn't flush out any toxins from her body.
"Her family is missing her and we just really need her to come home at this point… we're doing everything that we can," said owner Calie Breen.
Sue Bear underwent surgery in December and is still taking medications.
Her owners are offering a 300- dollar reward if she is found.
If you see Sue Bear, please contact owner Calie at (325) 226- 9630, by email email@example.com, or via Facebook.
- Solar Company Sues Gainesville Over FIT Program
- Local Hunters Suggest a Potential Solution to "Bear Problem"
- "Dog-Gone": City Rejects "Doggy Daycare" Code
- Bear Sighting in Southwest Gainesville
- Bear on the Loose in Kirkwood Neighborhood in Southwest Gainesville
- Missing Dogs Found at Phoenix Animal Rescue, Owners Say They Struggled to Get Them Back
- Missing Dog Tags
- Missing Dog Found A Thousand Miles From Home
- Dog with Gainesville Ties Competes in Westminster Dog Show
- "Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs"