Train Accident in Ocala Leaves One Man Dead
Published January 23rd, 2014
OCALA- 22 year old Anton Burden was declared dead Wednesday afternoon...Shortly after being struck by a CSX train in Ocala.
Investigators with the Marion County Sheriff's Office say burden was known to walk up and down the tracks before.
Crime scene detectives say burden was wearing headphones at the time and may have been distracted.
The train was traveling around 30 mph when the train hit burden.
Eyewitnesses say the train's driver 62 year old Greg Windham, saw the burden walking along the tracks before the accident.
Witnesses say Windham not only blew a horn but also applied brakes before contact was made.
- Train Crash Leaves One Dead
- Shooting Leaves One Man Dead
- Morning Accident Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- 6-vehicle Crash Leaves at Least One Person Dead
- 6-Vehicle Crash Leaves One Person Dead
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Guardsmen Leave for Training, Prepare for Iraq
- Dead Horse and Mutilated Birds Found Near Train Tracks
- Tragic and Deadly Accidents