Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
Published January 27th, 2014
LAKE CITY - One more member accused of being part of a violent criminal organization in Columbia County was arrested today. It was an extensive investigation that took a little over a year.
The lengthy operation revealed drug deals and violence. According to state agents the organization was virtually holding the neighborhood they operated out of-- hostage. There also were a couple of homicides committed in the area in the past 14 months that are believed to be connected.
Todd Lockhart a group supervisor for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms said, "You can see the scope of this organization was significant and it took us that amount of time for us to infiltrate the organization and make undercover control purchases of guns and drugs and conduct surveillances."
Because the investigation is ongoing and more arrests are expected. Agents did not want to release the exact location of the arrests. Lockhart says the operation was a joint effort among ATF, Columbia County Sheriff's Office, Lake City Police Department, FDLE and the State Attorney's Office.
- FDLE: Sheriff's deputies cleared in Lake City shooting
- Law enforcement searching for missing Lake City woman
- Search efforts for missing Lake City woman grows
- FDLE arrests former Hampton city clerk for organized scheme to defraud
- Ring of Criminals Connected To 50 Burglaries Arrested
- CCSO: Man arrested again in death of infant
- Three Arrested for Child Neglect in Lake City
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- NCF agencies search for missing woman
- MCSO Increases Amount of Assets Seized from Criminal Suspects