Alachua County Considers 1 Cent Sales Tax For Roads
If Tuesday night's county commission meeting is any indication, Alachua County's efforts to place another roads tax proposal on the ballot faces some road bumps.
After the last effort failed in 2012, the county is hoping it's next attempt to get voters to approve a one cent sales tax will be more appealing.
TV20's Trent Kelly reports concerns on how the money will be spent gave at least one commissioner a sense of deja vu.
The surtax would raise about 30 million dollars every year. 12 million would go towards Gainesville.
City commissioners are expected to discuss whether to use that money to fund bus rapid transit at their next meeting Thursday night.
- Alachua County Half Cent Sales Tax Expires
- County Commissioners Discuss Half Cent Sales Tax Increase
- High Springs Officials Consider Allowing Sunday Alcohol Sales
- Alachua County Tax Collector's Office Opens Third Location
- Alachua County Tax Collector, Von Fraser Dead At 76
- Remembering Von Fraser, Alachua County Tax Collector
- Property Tax Reduction For Select Seniors, Off The Radar In Alachua County
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?
- Alachua County Could See Lower Taxes
- Alachua County Commissioners Approve Gas Tax Increase