Alachua County Considers 1 Cent Sales Tax For Roads
If Tuesday night's county commission meeting is any indication, Alachua County's efforts to place another roads tax proposal on the ballot faces some road bumps.
After the last effort failed in 2012, the county is hoping it's next attempt to get voters to approve a one cent sales tax will be more appealing.
TV20's Trent Kelly reports concerns on how the money will be spent gave at least one commissioner a sense of deja vu.
The surtax would raise about 30 million dollars every year. 12 million would go towards Gainesville.
City commissioners are expected to discuss whether to use that money to fund bus rapid transit at their next meeting Thursday night.
- County Commissioners Discuss Half Cent Sales Tax Increase
- Alachua County Half Cent Sales Tax Expires
- Marion County Commission proposes sales tax increase
- Reaction to 1% sales tax hike in Marion County
- Remembering Von Fraser, Alachua County Tax Collector
- Property Tax Reduction For Select Seniors, Off The Radar In Alachua County
- High Springs Officials Consider Allowing Sunday Alcohol Sales
- Alachua County Tax Collector, Von Fraser Dead At 76
- County Board Votes on Tax Exemption
- Alachua County commissioners discuss bed tax