Church Van Crash Kills Two
Two adults are dead and one child critically injured after their church van crashed on I-75 near Lake City this morning, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The van was carrying 10 people—3 adults and 7 children—when one of the tires blew out at 8:20 a.m. at the entrance near Mile Marker 427. The van then overturned, blocking two lanes of traffic.
FHP pronounced Jeff Novak, 52, and Michalanne Salliotte, 44, dead at the scene.
The group from the First Baptist Church of New Port Richey was heading northbound on I-75.
Three of the children were transported to UF Health Shands. One is in critical condition.
The remaining 4 children were taken to Lake City Medical Center with minor injuries.
- Church Van Crash Kills 1, Injures More than a Dozen
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Crash Kills Two Fathers and Two Teens in Dixie County
- Plane Crash Kills Two Men, NTSB Called in to Investigate
- Citra Crash Kills Two
- Levy County Plane Crash Kills Two
- Police Search for Answers In Crash Killing Two Teens
- One Bicyclist killed, One Bicyclist Injured in Two Separate Crashes in Marion County
- Two killed in deadly crash in Marion County
- Deadly crash kills two women on I-75