Gainesville Man in Jail for Siccing Dog on Neighbor and Police
Published February 11th, 2014
GAINESVILLE- One man is behind bars on numerous charges including trying to choke his dog to death.
Rene Cohn allegedly had his dog attack two victims early this morning including a Gainesville police officer.
When cops arrived at the northwest Gainesville address, the dog already bit one victim who was trying to prevent Cohn from abusing it.
Gainesville Police Officer, Ben Tobias explains, "when our officers arrived they were met with a very angry pit bull, that the owner was actually threatening to release on the officer.
Cohn responded to police arriving by trying to set his dog on them as well.
He is currently being held in the Alachua County jail on charges of: assault on an officer, aggravated battery, animal abuse, and resisting an officer without violence.
- Ocala Man Beats, Stabs Dog, Neighbors Intervene
- Neighbors Say Dogs Are Ruling Gainesville Neighborhood
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Neighbors React to Deadly Dog Attack
- Gainesville Police Search for Missing Man
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased By Gainesville Police During Struggle at Area McDonalds
- Gainesville police arrest man after horse chase
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman