Largest Donation to UF
GAINESVILLE- It’s the largest single donation the University of Florida has ever received and UF officials are hoping it goes a long way towards making Florida a top 10 school. Al and Judy Warrington already two of the university's biggest boosters cemented their spot as the most generous in school history, with a $75 million donation to the business school that already bears their name. The donation to the Warrington endowment fund will be used to fund research among other things.
"To be honest with you, to be competitive in the business arena, we've got to think in terms of starting faculty at 2-and-a-quarter, 250,000," said Al Warrington.
"It’s going to put, I think, the college of business in a position to compete with any of its national peers," said UF’S President Bernie Machen.
The announcement came as Al Warrington received a "Golden Gator" award for his philanthropy. Because the Warrington’s have already donated close to $25 million to the university their gift makes them the first $100 million boosters in UF's history.
- Warringtons Donate $75 Million to UF Business School, Become University's Biggest Boosters
- Judy Woodruff
- Largest Prescribed Burn at Etoniah Creek State Forest
- World's Largest Synchronized Meet Makes A Splash in Gainesville
- Protecting The Body's Largest Organ
- USDA Declares Largest Natural Disaster Area Due to Drought
- Powerball, Largest Jackpot
- Largest Graduating Class at Reichert House Youth Academy
- State's Largest Fire Continues to Burn in North Central Florida
- New Grant for Supercomputing Research