No Hunger Games: Mobile Pantries
"I am going to freeze the cake, so i can have a birthday party on april the 12th," Rayhart said.
Loretta Griffis the Director of Community Outreach for Bread of the Mighty Food Bank said, "What we do is that sometimes we get so much produce and stuff in that the normal agencies cannot handle it... So marcia came up with the idea-- marcia is the director of the food bank, came up with the idea of doing mobile pantries."
The Ornan Masonic Lodge allows the mobile pantry to happen here on the second Thursday of every month-- they do so at no cost. Everybody that comes in gets a ticket and everybody that goes through the line gets a bag of meat, a bag of produce and bag of bread. If there's enough supply, residents are allowed to make the line twice. "We just need to watch, if all of the sudden we get an influx of people around noon-- that we're going to have enough to cover," Griffis said.
Griffis said, "We're one of the ministries you would call it, that we'd really like to go out of business. That there's no hunger, that they won't need us. But right now it's not that way." Griffis says this is a challenge that unites us all.
The next mobile pantry in Williston will take place February 13th at the the Ornan Masonic Lodge.
- No Hunger Game Part 1, The Bread Of The Mighty Food Bank
- No Hunger Game Part 2, The Faces Of Those Who Help
- No Hunger Game Part 3, The Faces Of Those In Need
- Bread of the Mighty Food Bank to Hold First Fundraiser in 25 years
- Hundreds Line Up for Church's Food Giveaway
- Food Drive For The Holidays
- Ocala Food Food Pantry Struggling to Serve Community
- Sochi Olympic Games: Search for 'Black Widow' suicide bomber
- Burglars Breaking Into Food Pantries...Twice!
- Hope for Blessed Hope Food Pantry in Newberry?