Sewage Leak in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE- Residents are in an uproar over a sewage leak in Northwest Gainesville. The leak happened just after 4 p.m. on Saturday and continued until just after 5:30 p.m.
Gainesville Regional Utility crews were on hand to clean up the raw sewage but have yet to treat the contaminated grounds. One resident said this isn't their first experience with sewage leaks.
"In the last year we've had four sewage spills right out of this lift station. Lift station number 62. Each time they come out each time they do something but today was the worse spill of all. All of this sewage goes into Possum Creek Park," said resident Louis Galanos.
This isn't the first time a sewage leak has affected Possum Creek Park. The last time caused the surrounding residents to go on a boil water notice.
- Sewage Seepage at Gainesville Home
- Operation CarePak Kicks Off at Santa Fe College
- Five Burglaries in Northwest Gainesville
- Residents Near Hogtown and Possum Creek Should Boil Water
- Residents Want To Save Possum Creek Park
- New location for G-R-U sewage
- Sewage Intentionally Pumped Into Bivens Arm Lake
- Sewage Line Breaks, Causes Raw Sewage to Spill onto Intersection
- NASA Aborts Spacewalk Due to Water Leak in Helmet
- Highway Gas Leak on U.S. 441