Super Bowl Ads Remain a Trending Topic the Day After the Game
Published February 3rd, 2014
GAINESVILLE-The day after the Super Bowl and the ads that aired during the game still have people talking and typing.
Twitter reported nearly 25 million users sent out tweets during the game a lot of them were about the ads.
UF Director of Master of Mass Communications in Social Media, Dr. Andy Selepak says, the conversation trended towards a few ads in particular, "The Coca Cola ad probably clearly got the most discussion on twitter and facebook and is going to be all over the news today as well...You take 'America the Beautiful,' one of the most recognized Americana songs out there and then you put a very diverse group into it, you have them singing different languages and immediately you can tell this was going to cause quite a stir on social media."
A 30 second ad during the Super Bowl cost a cool 4 million dollars.
In an article published by the New Yorker, ads from Maserati, Heinz, and Chrysler topped the list of worst ads of this superbowl.
- Super Bowl Ads
- Super Bowl Holiday?
- Tebow's Controversial Super Bowl Ad
- Fans React to Tebow's Super Bowl Ad
- Restaurant Businesses Prepared for Super Bowl Rush
- Slices of Joy For Local Vets During Super Bowl Sunday
- Big Business on Super Bowl Weekend
- How did your favorite Super Bowl ad measure up?
- TV20 Water Cooler Buzz: Super Bowl Ads
- Super Bowl Mania