Team Lundy Bands Together to Support Family of Injured Deputy
GAINESVILLE- A Taylor County Deputy being called a lifesaver, is fighting for his life in North Central Florida.
Deputy Robert Lundy is recovering from a gunshot wound in serious condition this evening at UF Health Shands .
A little more than a week ago Deputy Robert Lundy was shot point blank at the Timberland Ford Car Dealership in Perry, by an employee.
The suspect Earl Clague Jr. shot three people before Lundy was able to take him down.
While Deputy Lundy is hospitalized at UF Health, friends family and law enforcement are already hailing him a hero.
His wife Kelly Lundy says, “He has always been my hero always and now everybody else just gets to see why I love that man so much.”
Lundy’s family is having to travel back and forth from Gainesville and Taylor County to keep his daughter in school.
The Police Benevolent Association, the Fraternal Order of Police and members of the Gainesville Community have helped get the family temporary housing close to the hospital for their convenience.
To help raise funds for medical bills and travel expenses "TEAM LUNDY" has formed.
Shirts and armbands are for sale through the Perry Police Department.
A fund has been set up for Deputy Lundy and his family at Buckeye Community Federal Credit Union in Perry, Florida.
- Lake City Community Comes Together to Show Support for Cason Family
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Deputy Robert Lundy Goes Home
- A Family That Exercises Together, Stays Healthy Together
- Community Comes Together To Support Rape Victim
- Two Families in Different States Brought Together by Balloons
- Community Supports Injured High School Athlete #PrayForCole
- Rival High School Supports Injured Student
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- Deputy Injured by Bull on Highway