Ten Year Memorial for Fallen Deputy
MARION COUNTY- A deputy who died in the line of duty a decade ago is being remembered. Family, friends and law enforcement officers attended a 10 year memorial for Marion County Sheriff's Office Deputy Brian Litz. Deputy Litz was killed during a wellbeing check on February 7, 2004. A- 74- year old man shot and killed Litz while he was crouched down below a row of windows. Friends said Llitz was an amazing man who believed in protecting his community.
"I think about him fondly every day. My thoughts are just nothing but positive for him and it was an honor for me to have been friends with him," said Capt. David Pistarelli.
Deputy Litz had served with the Marion County Sheriff's Office for 9 years and was a member of the K9 unit. He is survived by his wife and son who is now 15 years old.
- 10 Year Anniversary Of Fallen Deputy Brian Litz
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Marion County Sheriff's Office responds to grand jury's recommendations
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies