Ten Year Memorial for Fallen Deputy
MARION COUNTY- A deputy who died in the line of duty a decade ago is being remembered. Family, friends and law enforcement officers attended a 10 year memorial for Marion County Sheriff's Office Deputy Brian Litz. Deputy Litz was killed during a wellbeing check on February 7, 2004. A- 74- year old man shot and killed Litz while he was crouched down below a row of windows. Friends said Llitz was an amazing man who believed in protecting his community.
"I think about him fondly every day. My thoughts are just nothing but positive for him and it was an honor for me to have been friends with him," said Capt. David Pistarelli.
Deputy Litz had served with the Marion County Sheriff's Office for 9 years and was a member of the K9 unit. He is survived by his wife and son who is now 15 years old.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- 10 Year Anniversary Of Fallen Deputy Brian Litz
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Marion County Fallen Officer Memorial
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputy Will Not Be Getting His Job Back
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Fair
- Alachua County Sheriff Defends Deputies
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition