15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
A 15-year-old girl has been severely injured Saturday night in a crash at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala.
Marion County Fire Rescue arrived on scene around 6:45 p.m., where witnesses reported the teenager crashed and hit the wall of the race track head on with her race car.
Fire rescue dispatch says a trauma alert was issued for the girl, meaning she has injuries to mutliple organs of her body.
Bubba Raceway Park released on their Facebook page that her name is Niokoa Johnson and she is currently in surgery.
Dispatch tells us she is now at Ocala Regional Medical Center, where they are trying to stabilize her so they can transport her to UF Health Shands.
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- 17-year-old dies in crash; 19-year-old injured
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open
- A Silver Springs family is left homeless after mobile home fire
- One year old Ocala child falls into septic tank and dies
- Ocala Regional Trauma Center May Close
- Car hits pedestrian on 17th Street in Ocala