15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
A 15-year-old girl has been severely injured Saturday night in a crash at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala.
Marion County Fire Rescue arrived on scene around 6:45 p.m., where witnesses reported the teenager crashed and hit the wall of the race track head on with her race car.
Fire rescue dispatch says a trauma alert was issued for the girl, meaning she has injuries to mutliple organs of her body.
Bubba Raceway Park released on their Facebook page that her name is Niokoa Johnson and she is currently in surgery.
Dispatch tells us she is now at Ocala Regional Medical Center, where they are trying to stabilize her so they can transport her to UF Health Shands.
- 15-Year-Old Dies at Bubba Raceway- Too Young to Be on Track?
- Medical Spotlight: New Advances in Treating Coronary Blockages
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Medical Spotlight: Understanding Heart Health
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Program Combats Growing Infectious Disease Problem
- Medical Spotlight: Advanced Wound Care
- Medical Spotlight: New Behavioral Health Center
- Medical Spotlight: Quality Key Performers
- Ocala Fire Rescue: 125 Years of History