Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
An early morning home invasion in Archer had a deadly end.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office says around 2 a.m. this morning, they received a 911 call from Joe McGuire saying a woman was trying to kick down his door.
Three minutes later, deputies arrived on scene to find that McGuire had shot Latreese Monroe in the chest.
She died while being treated at UF Health in Gainesville.
Neighbors described the scene.
"I heard a gunshot. It freaked me out. I heard the older man over there yelling and then when they attempted to put her on the stretcher, she was very uncomfortable and screaming," said witness and neighbor Lauren Frazee.
The Sheriff's Office says McGuire doesn't have a previous criminal record with them but Monroe was a habitual offender.
She's made nine trips to the Alachua County Jail: Twice for battery and once for aggravated assault.
The investigation is still ongoing.
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- Neighbors speak out after meth lab found next door
- Friend speaks out after Putnam County man shot, killed
- Deputies find man shot in leg
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Gainesville Woman Threatens Man with Mace, Charged with False Imprisonment
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Law enforcement tactics after California shooting
- Deadly Shooting Raises Questions Among Archer Community