Civil War Reenactment Draws Hundreds to Williston
Cannon blasts and gun shots were reported in Williston today.
But don't be alarmed.
The Nature Coast Civil War Reenactment is in town.
Close to 500 Confederate and Union reenactors went to battle Saturday afternoon at Kirby Family Farm.
Calvary units, sharpshooters and cannon operators on both sides entertained the crowd.
The Kirby's Civil War era train was even used in the scrimmage.
It's the first year this event has been held in Williston and some say they hope it's not the last.
"It's a different atmosphere and it's just kind of a different feeling. New people, a different experience. So part of reenacting is about going to new places and meeting new people and trying new things so it's perfect," said Cassady Allen, Reenactment Enthusiast.
If you missed out on today's action, you're in luck!
There will be another reenactment Sunday at the Kirby Family Farm at 2 p.m.
- Civil War Reenactment draws in hundreds
- Ocala Civil War Reenactment
- Civil War Re-enactment Incident
- Kirby Family Farm receives help after Hermine
- Ducks Visit Dads at Kirby Family Farm
- Ga. Civil War Camp Turns Up Hundreds of Artifacts
- Christmas Express Draws Thousands
- Hundreds of Soldiers Training in Ocala
- 150th Anniversary Of Civil War Battle In Olustee
- 149 Years Since The Civil War Battle of Gainesville