Gatornationals Is Good for Business
GAINESVILLE -The 45th Gatornationals has become a staple in Gainesville and the business it brings along with it is good for the local economy.
As racers prep for Thursday's starting line, some fans have had their rooms booked at the Holiday Inn on University Avenue for 9 months.
The guest services manager tells us Gatornationals weeked is on par with their busiest times of the year - like during spring graduation and home Gator football games.
Joseph Scannella, guest services manager, Holiday Inn: "once the dates are in place we do start getting some calls from some of the teams and sponsors as well as some of the fans who want to attend the races."
Restaurants around town also say that they are prepping and expect more customers from the races this weekend.
- Drop In Gas Prices Means Good Business For Some
- Locals Use Gatornationals as Good Racing, Good Fun
- Good Grades For Students May Not Translate Into Good Report Cards For Schools
- GatorNationals Brings $Millions to Gainesville
- GatorNationals Kicks off Thursday
- Tasty Buddha closes for good
- Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
- Gator Win Good For Gator Swag
- Trenton Says Good-Bye To Tony Cruse
- Sister Hazel Performs for a Good Cause