Mother-Daughter Duo Opens New Charter School in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - A dream is becoming a reality for a Gainesville mother-daughter duo...as they plan to open their new charter school on July 1st.
Both have made their careers in education and feel that students need more time in the classroom.
Boulware Springs Charter School will run year round and will serve grades K to 5 with one class in each grade.
Charter schools are tested on the same standards as traditional public schools but how they get there is up to them.
Kay Abbitt, co-founder and director of the school: "we have to achieve the same goals and our students have to be successful but how we do that is up to us."
The school is still accepting applications until May 1st and they are still hiring more teachers.
For more information, please visit their website: http://www.boulwarecharter.com/
- No New Leads Six Years After Mother/Daughter Murdered
- MotherDaughter Reunited after a Year Deployed
- Gainesville Mother Apparently Catches Babysitter Smothering Her 11-Month-Old Daughter
- New Alachua County Charter School Ready for First Day of School
- A New Charter School For North Central Florida
- Former YMCA Complex to Become New Charter School
- Two Students Arrested Following Explosion Outside Gainesville Charter School
- Gainesville Charter School Forced to Close
- Mother Arrested for Baby Daughter's Murder
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child