National President of Veteran Support Group Makes a Stop in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE- The national president of the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars visited North Central Florida Friday. She made a stop at the VA Medical Center in Gainesville Friday morning before enjoying a luncheon local members had in her honor. "Sissy" Borel was greeted by members of the Ladies and the Mens Auxiliary from the post located on Waldo Road. Borel, who grew up in the small town of Starks, Louisiana, told us she never expected to represent the 500,000 women who are members of the Ladies Auxiliary. She said it's the women of the organization who inspire her each and every day.
Borel said, "It's so important that people who work daily, and some of these ladies work tirelessly every day to work for our veterans, and I want them to know how much I appreciate them. I want them to know how much they mean to the well being of our veterans."
She also said she wants to make sure members of the Ladies Auxiliary are happy, confident, and assured that they are appreciated.
- McCain Veteran Victory Bus Stops In Gainesville
- Gainesville Resident Makes Trek to DC for President's Inauguration
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Marco Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Gainesville
- Weiner and Nut-Mobile Make Recruiting Stop in Gainesville
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Medical Spotlight: The Importance of Stroke Support Groups
- The Military Support Group of Alachua
- Shands Support Group Throws Prom for Heart Transplant Patient
- Military Support Group