New Markers Make it Easier to Find Residents in Gainesville Homeless Camp
GAINESVILLE - All paths lead home...but what if your home didn't have an address?
The Gainesville Police Department is hoping new tree markers will help them find residents in one homeless camp more easily.
There are three zones in the Sweetwater Branch Homeless camp - yellow, orange and green.
Residents in the camp and first responders have a map of the new markers so when residents make a call they can let EMT know where they are.
Officer Amanda Rodonis, Gainesville Police Department: "we really want to respond to the citizens out here just because they have fallen on hard times and they live out here doesn't mean that they don't deserve the same response from us."
Rodonis helped use maps and their helicopter to map the new zones.
This is the only homeless camp in the city so far with these markers.
- Tent City Residents May Be Stuck Finding New Homes
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- Homeless Housing Makes Headway in Gainesville
- Gainesville Resident Makes Trek to DC for President's Inauguration
- Confiscated Marmosets Find New Home In Gainesville
- Claiming Property Now Easier With New Law
- Finding the Right Path at Camp
- Second Victim In I-75 Accident Laid To Rest
- Third Victim Of Tragic I-75 Crash, Remembered
- FCAT Camp Designed To Make Learning Fun