Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
Published March 18th, 2014
One of the two teenagers accused of trying to kill a parent so they could be together will be charged as an adult.
15-year-old Pedro Solis will be charged with conspiracy to commit murder and attempted second degree murder.
He is accused of stabbing his girlfriend's mother, and threatened to do the same to her husband if they didn't allow him to date their daugther, 13-year-old Yaquelin Don.
"Pedro Solis, you are going to be prosecuted as an adult in this case. What that means is that you'll be arrested on a warrant this morning. You'll be taken for first appearance before a judge on the adult court docket tomorrow morning, at which that judge may or may not set a bond," said Judge David Eddy, Marion County Judicial Center.
Don had been placed in shackles for her court appearance because she tried to escape when deputies transported her to the arraignment this morning. As a result, her arraignment was postponed until next month.
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- Deputies: 16-year-old attempted robbery suspect could be charged as adult
- Arrest Warrant for Ocala Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder
- Ocala Teens Slit Mother's Throat, Charged With Attempted Murder
- Zimmerman Trial Day 7: State Tries to Prove Key Elements of Second Degree Murder Charge
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Grand jury indicts Smith for second degree murder
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation
- Ocala man charged with murder
- Second-Degree Murder Charge in Trayvon Martin Case