Ocala Teens Slit Mother's Throat, Charged With Attempted Murder
OCALA, Fla. -- Two teenagers were arrested Sunday evening after allegedly attacking one teenager's parents.
Marion County Sheriff's deputies report Sunday morning, a 13-year-old girl lured her mother into their garage where her 15-year-old boyfriend, slit the mother's throat.
Deputies say the father who was also home, heard a commotion in the garage and called out to his wife. The 15-year-old then went into the father's bedroom and held a knife to the man's throat.
After the father pleaded with the boy to let the mother seek medical attention, the teenager later dropped her off at the hospital. The father was not injured. The mother survived surgery, and gave investigators details about the attack.
The teens were arrested and charged with two counts each of conspiracy to commit murder and one count each of attempted second degree murder.
Both were booked into Marion County Juvenile Detention Center and are being held without bond.
Other news agencies have identified the minors, but WCJB has elected not to report their names at this time given their age.
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- One of Five Charged With Ocala Teen Murder Requests Bond
- Archer's Mother's Day Fest... Calm For Now
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Shooting Girlfriend's Car
- A Mother's Hero
- Police: Woman Steals $700 Of Merchandise For Mother's Day Gifts
- Mother's Fighting For Justice
- 30 Year Mother's Day Festival Cancelled in Archer
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Teens Arrested for Attempted Murder