Ocala Teens Try to Kill Parents
Published March 10th, 2014
Young love got the best of two Ocala teenagers, who were so desperate to be together, they tried to kill their parents who didn't approve.
13-year-old Yaquelin Galvez Don's parents didn't want her dating 15-year-old Pedro Solis.
The two teens talked about killing her parents over the phone and on Facebook throughout last week.
Late Saturday night, Don lured her mother into their garage, where Solis was waiting.
He sliced the mother's throat and then threatened to do the same to the father, who is wheelchair bound.
"This was apart of their plan. In some way, the 13-year-old and the 15-year-old decided that by killing the mother, they would be able to be together at that point."
The father convinced Solis to take his wife to the hospital.
She had life-saving surgery and is now recovering from her injuries.
The teens have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder in the second degree.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Parents Arrested After Son Killed By Dogs
- Teen Shot and Killed in Palatka
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Multi-State Retail Theft Crime Ring Bust in Marion County
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- Marion County Jail Purchase Negotiations Delayed