Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
The 15-year-old girl who crashed her race car at an Ocala raceway last night has died.
Bubba Raceway Park released on their Facebook page this afternoon that Niokoa Johnson passed away from severe injuries that she suffered from colliding with a concrete barrier.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says it was her first time on the race track and she was the only driver on the track at the time of the crash.
Bubba Raceway Park says they will be coordinating significant charitiable efforts in memory of Niokoa.
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- One year old Ocala child falls into septic tank and dies
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- 15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
- 4-year-old dies after being strangled by 11-year-old, according to deputies
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Deputies clear hostage situation in Ocala Park Estates
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen