Donations Needed for Tools for Schools in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - Pens are just one of the tools for success in school...but Alachua County's local "Tools for School" store is running low on the necessities.
The most popular buckets - the pens and pencils and crayons - are bare.
The county has operated the store for 15 years and take gently used or new donations for teachers to re-use in their classrooms.
The need for the supplies is year-round.
Eilanwy Slyboom, Alachua County: "the school year is not quite over and the teachers definitely need school supplies to help them reach the end of the year and there's still summer school."
You can drop off donations to the store near Williams Elementary on the east side of Gainesville on certain days.
For all the information on how you can donate please visit their website: http://www.alachuacounty.us/Depts/PW/Waste/toolsforschools/Pages/SupportTheProgram.aspx
Or, give them a call: (352) 374-5213
- A Gainesville High School Student Is Helping Other Students With Their School Uniform Needs
- Blood Banks Need Donations
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Needs Donations for Kids
- Need is Up, Donations are Down
- Blood donations needed before the storm
- Warringtons Donate $75 Million to UF Business School, Become University's Biggest Boosters
- After School Program Loses Funding, Needs Help
- Gainesville Woman Continues To Collect Truckloads Of Donations For Haiti
- Gainesville Family Donates To Hospital
- Gainesville Residents Seeking Donations for Philippines Flood Victims