Longest-running Art Festival Continues to Draw Crowds
GAINESVILLE- On Sunday, hundreds turned out for the last day of the longest-running art festival in Gainesville. The Santa Fe College Spring Arts Festival featured more than 200 artists from around the country. Organizers say the festival has been kept alive by Gainesville's love for the arts.
Santa Fe College festival director Kathryn Lehman said, "When the artists come here from all over the country they tell us that we have the smartest, most art savvy crowd they see anywhere and they love our residents and, you know, our residents love the artists. So, it's that wonderful synergy that goes on that has made the festival last for 45 years."
Some of the money raised at the festival will be used by Santa Fe College to award their students scholarships and support the local arts.
- Downtown Art Festival Draws Crowds
- Craft festival draws a crowd
- Black Friday Opens Sales Earlier, Draws Crowds
- Gainesville Businesses Work to Draw in Crowds During Gator Away Games
- Second Rally at UF Draws Crowd
- Peanut Lovers Crowd Williston's Peanut Festival
- It's Back to the Drawing Board for Cedar Key Art Program
- Hogtown Craft Beer Festival Draws Brewers, Enthusiasts
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival