Marion Co. Authorities Searching for Missing Plane, Pilot
Published April 8th, 2014
A plane and its pilot have gone missing, making this the third plane-related event in Marion County since Friday.
74-year-old Theodore Weiss departed from Dunnellon Airport in his small experimental type plane on Saturday and never arrived at his destination in Zephyrhills.
Friends reported him missing on Monday and search teams have been looking for him since.
Authorities are trying to retrace his flight path.
"We're searching a certain flight path that may lead us to where he's at. And that's another reason why we've asked Citrus County to help us with that flight path and it might even go into Hernando County," said Captain James Pogue with the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
Today's rainy and windy weather grounded the air search but it resumed later in the morning.
No wreckage has yet been found.
- Authorities Searching for Missing Marion Co. Man
- Authorities Searching for Missing Plane, Pilot
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- Deputies search for missing man
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found