Parade of Homes Showcase Helps Stimulate Gainesville's Housing Market
Spring time is home improvement time.
Some Alachua County residents spent the day looking for ideas to spruce up their abodes.
28 homes from all around Alachua County were shown to dozens of visitors today at the 2014 Parade of Homes.
Members of the Builders Association of North Central Florida put the event together to showcase the newest building techniques and neighborhood designs.
Housing experts say the parade helps stimulate Gainesville's housing market.
"Both of our parade houses for Howe Development are under contract so that's a positive sign. I know the Town of Tioga houses are under contract. You have to have product in order to sell it so the Parade of Homes is a big deal for people to show what they can do and it also puts product on the market," said Leigh Anne Howe, owner of Howe Development Corporation.
If you didn't catch it this weekend, don't worry.
The Parade of Homes will continue next Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Gainesville tech company helps small businesses improve marketing strategies
- Help For Local Housing Market
- Lance Corporal Clark's Body Returned Home
- Dance helps patients with Parkinson's disease improve their mobility
- City Rolls Out Park Improvements, With Taxpayer's Help
- Parent child interactive therapy helps improve families' lives
- Gainesville Area Receives Funding, Housing Vouchers to Help Homeless Veterans
- Infamous 'Ma Barker' house sets sail to its new home
- Latest in Home Innovations Showcased in Alachua County
- 12th Annual Little House Gator Homecoming Parade