Plane Crash Kills Two Men, NTSB Called in to Investigate
Published April 7th, 2014
Two men were killed when their experimental amateur plane crashed in Summerfield last night.
And the NTSB says the investigation is just beginning.
The pilot of that plane, Dennis Monroe and the passenger, Joseph Lewis Sardinas were killed on impact.
Witnesses say the engine cut off and the plane dropped out of the sky.
Sardinas was filming Monroe for a low budget zombie movie called, 'What Tomorrow Brings.'
The NTSB says that during their projected 9-12 month investigation, they will be looking at witness statements, the plane itself and any salvageable video on Sardinas's camera.
"The safety board's policy is to treat that on-board video, still frames, audio, as if it were a cockpit voice recorder, or black box," said Dennis Diaz, an investigator with the NTSB.
The pilot, Dennis Monroe, was the director of Public Works for the city of Belleview for 26 years.
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- NTSB Releases Preliminary Report on Marion Co. Plane Crash
- Neighbors voice concerns after corrections office shot, killed in driveway
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Marion County Sheriff's Office responds to grand jury's recommendations
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies