Plane Crash Kills Two Men, NTSB Called in to Investigate
Published April 7th, 2014
Two men were killed when their experimental amateur plane crashed in Summerfield last night.
And the NTSB says the investigation is just beginning.
The pilot of that plane, Dennis Monroe and the passenger, Joseph Lewis Sardinas were killed on impact.
Witnesses say the engine cut off and the plane dropped out of the sky.
Sardinas was filming Monroe for a low budget zombie movie called, 'What Tomorrow Brings.'
The NTSB says that during their projected 9-12 month investigation, they will be looking at witness statements, the plane itself and any salvageable video on Sardinas's camera.
"The safety board's policy is to treat that on-board video, still frames, audio, as if it were a cockpit voice recorder, or black box," said Dennis Diaz, an investigator with the NTSB.
The pilot, Dennis Monroe, was the director of Public Works for the city of Belleview for 26 years.
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Belleview Woman Struck by Train, Marion Co. Residents Call for Preventative Measures
- Marion Co. Authorities Searching for Missing Plane, Pilot
- Investigators Find Body Believed To Be Missing Man From Interlachen
- Family of Missing Disabled Man Calls in Texas Equusearch
- Detectives Call Ft. McCoy Human Remains Discovery a "Suspicious" Death Investgation