Town raises money for Cedar Key Prom
Published April 22nd, 2014
Cedar Key, Florida -- The town of Cedar Key raised more than 12-hundred dollars for prom at the Cedar Key School, which takes place this Saturday.
Every year juniors at Cedar Key School raise money to decorate prom for the seniors.
The seafood and art festivals that the students generate funds from every year wasn't as successful as years prior.
Last week Sue Colson along with residents of the town and the Chamber of Commerce went door to door and business to business asking for lumber and money.
Colson says this almost disaster turned into a great story because of the city's support.
Sue Colson, grandmother of CKS student: "It's so heartening to know you can put it out there.. When there's an emergency everyone chips in."
Cedar key is still accepting donations until tomorrow.
- Rep. Ted Yoho Talks About Key Issues At A Town Hall Forum
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Levy County Sheriff's Deputies Replace Inglis Police, Saves Town Money
- Cedar Key Arts Festival Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Library Burglarized in Cedar Key
- Man Sues the City of Cedar Key
- Cedar Key Seafood Festival
- Settlement Reached in Cedar Key Lawsuit
- Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Cedar Key Boy