Updates coming to Devil's Millhopper State Park
Published April 30th, 2014
Gainesville, Florida -- Changes are coming to Devil's Millhopper State Park and park leaders went to the public for their input.
Wednesday a workshop was held to present the proposed updates to the management plan for the park.
Some of the updates include a renovated visitor center, enhanced picnicking opportunities, additional park support facilities and improving visitor access.
Park manager Randy Brown says having the public weigh in on what they'd like to see is only part one of the updating process.
Randy Brown, park manager: The unit management plan is updated every ten years and this is the first part of that process. The unit plan may take several months yet to be finalized before it is actually given to the folks above us."
An advisory group will meet Thursday morning to review the updates.
- The Play's The Thing- Millhopper Montessori Performs Shakespeare
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- State Board of Governor's Insist FAMU Updates
- O'Leno State Park Closes Swimming Area
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Depot Park Update
- Weekend Parking Garage Shooting Update
- State Parks Update
- Parking garage coming to downtown Ocala in 2016