Warren, Orlando Make Final Pitch to Voters Ahead of At-Large 2 Runoff
Published April 8th, 2014
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Tuesday is voting day in the City of Gainesville, as residents head to the polls to cast their ballot in the runoff race for the "At-Large 2" seat on the City Commission.
Candidates Annie Orlando and Helen Warren are vying for the seat currently held by City Commissioner Thomas Hawkins -- who is term-limited.
While both candidates are registered Democrats, their positions differ on certain issues -- to hear where each candidate stands, click here to view our full interview with Annie Orlando, or here for our full interview with Helen Warren.
As of Monday, the Alachua County Supervisor of Elections said 2,457 residents cast their vote early -- that's nearly 300 more early voters than last month's general election.
Polls in Gainesville will be open on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Voter turnout raises questions for at-large run-off election
- At-Large 2 Candidate Helen Warren Speaks on the Issues Facing Gainesville
- At-Large 2 Candidate Annie Orlando Speaks on the Issues Facing Gainesville
- Gainesville Commission At-Large Candidates Focus on GRU at Final 4A Forum
- Warren Defeats Orlando by 127 Votes in Gainesville City Commission Runoff
- Harvey Budd wins at-large election seat
- Ocala Killer Still At-Large
- City of Gainesville's runoff election starts tomorrow
- Gainesville City Commission runoff election held on April 14
- Ocala City Council Runoff Election