$140,000 Worth of Marijuana and Equipment Found in Dixie County
DIXIE COUNTY - A Dixie County man was arrested after sheriff's deputies accidentally happened upon his backyard full of marijuana plants.
In pursuit of a different suspect who had run away from police on this Old Town road...sheriff's deputies followed the suspect into Buck Peterson's back yard.
And when they looked around them, they realized they had a new case on their hands.
Major Scott Harden, Dixie County Sheriff's Office: "as they were tracking it they realized they were standing in the middle of a marijuana path so they stopped tracking that suspect and then called for back up."
Peterson did post bond and has been released from the Dixie County Jail.
Once they obtained a warrant, deputies found two grow rooms inside the house, and the plants with the equiptment and packages of drugs totaled $140,000.
- Nearly $50,000 Worth Of Equipment Stolen From 4-H Farm
- $30,000 Worth of Antique Coins Stolen
- Busted! (With $100,000 Worth of Pot)
- $3 Million Worth of Problems at the Alachua County Jail
- Goodbye Bert, 140-year-old UF tree must go
- 2,000 Students Celebrate Veterans Day in Marion County
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- Levy County Food Pantry Chosen for $20,000 From Walmart
- Bradford VFD's Mistake Costs County $18,000
- Columbia County Woman Arrested for $160,000 In Medicaid Fraud