Flooding in Dixie County
Cross City, Florida -- Flooding in Dixie County caused some lanes on U-S highway 19 to be underwater earlier today.
According to Dixie County's director of emergency services, the county received about 1 and a half inches of rain this morning.
If you add that up with what they've gotten in the past 24 hours, the county received nearly 5 inches of rainfall.
The water started to subside around homes and businesses early in the day.
But the area around Lydia Baptist church had growing water issues.
Members of the church say flooding happens at least once a year.
They've made adjustments to prevent too much water from entering.
Hal Chewning, Deacon: "We go through this every time we have a big rain. We used to have carpet for these rooms but we finally learned, pull it out, put in tile, water doesn't hurt it."
Dixie County emergency officials say they're continuing to monitor the water levels in the city.
- Close Race for Dixie County Judge, Mixed Emotions Among Residents
- Memorial Day Tribute in Dixie County
- $140,000 Worth of Marijuana and Equipment Found in Dixie County
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- Dixie County Family Fights AvMed Again For Daughter's Health Care
- Authorities Continue Searching For Missing Dixie County Woman
- Contaminated Water at a Dixie County Beach
- Dixie County Murder
- Crime Spree in Dixie County
- Four Cases of Swine Flu Confirmed at Dixie County High School